Calorie deficit is the key to unlock your weight loss goal and one should be aiming at burning more calories than they are consuming on a daily basis to remain in calorie deficit. But it’s not necessary to slog it out in the gym to burn a few extra calories. You can always find small ways to burn 100 calories and more at a time, all through the day, and you can burn them off in just a few minutes. In this post, we have listed 14 ways to burn 100 calories in less than one hour, read about them here:
1. Climb Stairs for 15 Minutes: Climbing up and down stairs at a moderate speed for 15 minutes can burn more than 100 calories.
2. Clean Kitchen Cabinets for 30 Minutes: The people who did household work all by themselves during lockdown would vouch for this fact that cleaning kitchen and doing household work does burn a considerable amount of calories.
3. Jump Rope for 10 minutes: No need to invest in fancy and expensive gym equipment when you can use just a basic jump rope to burn a few hundred calories. In fact, one can burn 100 calories and more by jumping rope for just 10 minutes.
4. Grocery Shopping for 30 Minutes with Basket in Hand: When you opt for a basket instead of a cart and shop with items in it for 30 minutes, you can burn a little over 100 calories.
5. Talk on the Mobile While Walking: Experts say walking while talking on the phone for 10 minutes can burn 36 calories, now think how many calories can that add up to every time you take the calls.
6. 30 Minutes of Moderate Pace Walking: The first thing one should do when trying to lose weight is to grab a pair of walking shoes and keep aside at least 30 minutes either in the morning or evening for brisk walking. Walking regularly not only helps one physically get healthy, it’s also a great activity to clear thoughts and boost mental health as well. Also, for people who are conscious of hitting the gym, walking is a great alternative because moderate pace walking for 30 minutes can burn up to 100 calories. Read about 10 Walking Tips to Burn More Calories While Talking.
7. Zumba for 9 minutes: Dance away, rather zumba away 300 and more calories doing one hour zumba.
8. Ten minutes of Jogging: Since a lot of muscles are involved during jogging, it’s an efficient and whole body exercise, and lots of calories get burnt even in 10 minutes.
9. Mow the lawn for 15 minutes: As simple as that, mow the lawn for 15 minutes.
10. 13 Minutes of cycling: Since a lot of us have took to cycling since gyms have shut down, cycling has emerged as a popular calorie-burning exercise because a whole lot of calories just by putting your foot on the pedal.
11. Doing 30 minutes of Yoga: How can we not mention yoga because it’s a workout form where there’s least chance of injury and it is a complete workout for both the mind and body. Various stretches in yoga activate muscle groups and help burn a few hundred calories.
12. Organize desk for 30 minutes: Thinking of organizing your desk? Do it now because spending 30 minutes tidying up and organizing the desk can torch up calories.
13. Fidgeting Legs: Moving your legs could help you burn an extra 100 to 150 calories per hour. Don’t just sit idle, fidget legs continuously and throughout the day because research has proven that people who fidget their legs do burn a considerable amount of calories, so why don’t you try your hand, err, we mean legs and fidget them to trim down.
14. Perform NEAT activities: Abbreviated as NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis), it is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
You can check out amazing ways to remain in calorie deficit to lose weight on the Rati Beauty app, more details here.
24 Things you Have Done Today That Might Hamper Weight Loss
How People Actually Eat Whatever They Want and Stay Thin